Sunday, October 12, 2008

Senses Fail - Life is Not a Waiting Room

I when I tell my friends that I’m a fan of Senses Fail I always get puzzled looks. The reason being I’m not normally a fan of screamo/emo type bands. But Senses Fail manages to infuse the screamo sound with a steady dose of post hardcore rifts. Which makes their music a little more aggressive than your average screamo band. The bands lyrics are the one of the first things about Senses Fail that caught my attention. They are about things that just about every body has experienced at some point in their life. This cd slows things down a little bit more (but not a whole lot) than its predecessor "Still Searching". The band takes a more introspective look at the changes a person goes through as they grow older and begin to look at life differently. I don't think this cd will win you over if your not a fan already. But if you are fan and you haven't picked up "Life is Not a Waiting Room" you need to.

No comments: