Thursday, October 9, 2008

Live Music Review: Against Me! at the Ridglea Theater


Against Me is one of those bands I stumbled across by accident. They were playing support for the Alkaline Trio a few years back. Man, am I glad I showed up early to that show. Since that day Against Me has gone on to become one of my favorite bands. I have seen them five times in three different cites over the last couple of years. One of those shows being a very memorable show in Chicago last year. This time around Against Me was on tour for their outstanding album “New Wave”. The thing the gravitated me to this band was how energetic their live show was. Their songs are tailor made to jump around too and sing along with. They also have something to say. Something that I believe missing from most bands these days. Their performance on September 27 at the Ridglea Theater in Ft. Worth had all these attributes. The crowd was far more entertaining than one they had at Warped Tour earlier in the year in Dallas. But Dallas has been know to disappoint. If you haven't heard Against Me yet I highly recommend you give them a listen. You can sample a some of their songs on their MySpace page. www.myspace.com/againstme. If you’re a fan and you haven’t gone to see them live yet; your missing out. Here a couple of videos my brother recorded from the show. Beware though the sound quality isn't so good. Enjoy!!!



No comments: