Thursday, October 30, 2008

Live Music Review: The Matches @ The Loft


I believe that The Matches are one of the best bands that no one knows about. They are one of countless bands I have stumbled across at Warped Tour while looking for some shelter form the heat. Since that Warped Tour performance The Matches have gone on to become one of the few bands to hit the scene in the last couple of years that have really grabbed me. There music is a little odd and jumps around a bit. But its hard to find a band that gives as much as they do when they perform. I have never been to a Matches show were the band didn't play their hearts out on stage. Even there roadie comes out and plays guitar and the triangle on a handful of songs. It didn't matter if there was ten or a hundred people in the crowd The Matches played like there was thousand people in attendance. I would like to take a moment to talk about the venue. This was the first time I had ever been to the Loft. Its the venue above the Palladium Ballroom. It could hold may be 200 people. The perfect size for a Matches show. The most impressive thing about the venue was the view of the Dallas sky line from the balcony. I kind of wish they would have more shows at this place. Now back to the Matches. They were on fire this night. They played there best set list by far. I think it was because they had a 40 minute set which gave enough time to play all the songs people wanted here. They played all my favorite songs from E. Von Dahl Killed the Locals, Decomposer and A Band in Hope. Every other time I have seen them they had much smaller set times. I'm telling you the Matches are the best band no one knows about. If you don't believe me check them out for yourself. http://www.myspace.com/thematches

No comments: