Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Live Music Review: Alkaline Trio and Thrice @ Red 7 in Austin, TX


A couple of friends and I embarked last Sunday on the trek down to Austin. Hoping to catch the Rise Against, Alkaline Trio and Thrice tour. When we walked up to the Austin City Music Hall a sign on the front door said tonight's show was canceled. during the long walk back to the car we met a couple who said that Alkaline Trio and Thrice were going to play at Red 7 a few blocks away. So we jumped in the car and made our way to the club. First thing I would like to point out is that Red 7 is not a very big place and there was no way was no way every person who wanted to was going to get it. Luckily after standing in line for about 45 minutes we were able to get in right as Thrice was walking on to the stage. This is the first time I'd seen Thrice preform live. I had tickets to see them once before but my appendix ruptured and I had to give them away. They were awesome. They lived up to every thing I had heard about there live show. The Alkaline Trio gave an amazing performance as well. The Alkaline Trio are one of my favorite bands of all time and I have seen them a number times before. Overall the show was awesome. It was a rare treat to see two such amazing bands in a small intimate club environment.

No comments: