Thursday, June 4, 2009

Marilyn Manson - The High End of Low

Marilyn Manson has been one of my favorite musicians since I was in high school. I own all of his albums and have seen live multiple times in a number of cities. So I could hardly wait to get my hands on his newest release "The High End of Low." The album had been hyped quite a bit on the internet because of the return of Twiggy Ramirez and a quote form Manson comparing it to the "Antichrist Super Star." Sadly the "The High End of Low" does not live up to the hype. Its not a horrible album by any means. It is just not all that good either. Twiggy's influence on the sound of the album goes along ways. The thing that weakens the album in my opinion are the lyrics. A majority of the album's lyrics are about having your heart broken and the pains and anger that comes along with it. I hate to say it; but Manson has gone a little "emo" with this album. There are a few gems on the album that rank among Manson's best. "We're Americans" and "Leave a Scar" are two songs that come to mind. "The High End of Low" may be Manson's weakest album; but there is still enough for hardcore fans to warrant a purchase. For more enough on Marilyn Manson you can go to www.myspace.com/marilynmanson

No comments: