Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cradle of Filth - Godspeed On The Devil's Thunderl

I found Cradle of Filth albums to hit or miss with me over years. One album will blow me away the next will make me wonder why I bought it in the first place. "Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder" reminded why I like this band. The CD is a concept album about Gilles de Rais. The infamous serial killer who fought along side Joan of Arc. The songs on this CD are much more cohesive than past Cradle of Filth albums. All of the songs flow well together to tell a pretty intertwined story. The album should please long time Cradle of Filth fans as well attract some new ones. I highly recommend the tracks "The Death of Love" and "The 13th Caesar". The band will also be playing the House of Blues in Dallas on Feb. 17. www.myspace.com/cradleoffilth

No comments: